APPLY FOR WORK THROUGH UPWORK
Submit the form below to be hired through Upwork.
Our expectations for our transcription & translation team:
- We are looking to hire transcriptionists and translators that can produce high-quality transcripts that do not need to be edited.
- We expect our team to look up words that are difficult / challenging, utilizing Google and other search engines when appropriate.
- We hire transcriptionists that take pride in delivering high-quality work.
- We pay people we hire from Upwork through Upworks payment platform.
- Payments are processed each week, on Monday, for all work completed and submitted before Sunday at 11:59pm.
- Our pay rates are typically around $1.50 per audio minute for translation (this involves both transcribing Spanish audio to Spanish text and translating Spanish audio to English text).
- Our pay rates are typically around $0.50 per audio minute for transcription (this only involves transcribing Spanish audio to Spanish text).
- If your work requires lots of editing and re-working, and you are unable to improve the transcript, then the pay rate is reduced so we can hire someone to do the editing.
About the application process:
- Download this audio file (click here). The audio file will likely open up in a new tab. You can right click the audio play and select “save audio as…” to save the file to your computer.
- Download these two Microsoft Word templates (click here and click here)
- Use these templates to produce two documents: (1) the source language transcript of the audio file you downloaded (which is Spanish) and (2) the English translation of the audio file you downloaded.
- The transcription and translation of the files should be “non-verbatim” (meaning you don’t need to include the ‘uh’s and ‘ah’s) and it should not include timestamps.
- Please refer to our Style Guide (click here) for more information on how you should transcribe and/or translate. Pay special attention to grammar and punctuation.
- IMPORTANT: If you only want to do Spanish transcription jobs (Spanish audio to Spanish text… no translating to English), then you only need to transcribe the audio in Spanish. You do not need to submit the English translation.
- Fill out the form below, upload the two documents, and submit the form.
- If you have any questions, you can email email@example.com